The PS5 version of Final Fantasy 14 was launched in conjunction with the 5.55 patch of the game on May 25, providing an official launch after wide open beta on the platform.
Over the weekend, Square Enix celebrated all things Final Fantasy 14 at Final Fantasy 14 Fanfest, an annual event that has become very popular amid the game's growing fanbase.
During the event, the developer announced the official release date of the title for the PS5: May 25. The next major expansion of the game, Endwalker, will fall on November 23.  The PlayStation 5 version of the popular fantasy MMO features faster load times, 4K resolution, a high-resolution UI, DualSense support, new trophies, and audio support of 3D. It is in open beta now and has been playable on the console since April 13 and the arrival of patch 5.55.
As well as full support for the game on Sony's latest generation of console hardware, Square Enix also announced what what players can expect in the coming weeks and months to be in-game through a new roadmap. You can see this embedded at the base of this article.
After Patch 5.55 arrives on May 25, we can expect to see the "Make It Rain" Campaign hit in July. At some point between June and July, Patch 5.57 will fall, and then between July and August, Patch 5.58 will fall. August will also see both “Moonfire Faire” and “The Rising” events before Final Fantasy XV Collaboration returns in September.
Then, in November, we get an Endwalker expansion It will include a new job (Reaper), a new playful race (Male Viera), a new location (Old Sharlayan), two new areas (Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum) , and much more.
Check out a quick rundown of what to expect, via Square Enix, below.
- New Job: Reaper – The Reaper is a scythe -swinging melee DPS specialty that summons an avatar from the Void to join them in close quarter combat. Reapers can also serve as a host for their avatar! It's a brutal, flamboyant style of fighting that's a bit unlike anything in Final Fantasy XIV —and seems like amazing fun.
- New Playable Race: Male Viera – Male Viera will join Endwalker as a newly played race, giving the Warriors of Light another race to enjoy during their adventure.
- New City: Old Sharlayan
- Travel to Vast New Places: Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum – Labyrinthos is an artificial ground training that is quite unlike anything the Warriors of Light have seen before . For something a bit less captivating to the world, you can pass by the breathtaking lunar landscape of Mare Lamentorum.
- New Tribes to Encounter: Loporrits – Bunny -like Loporrits will also add a touch of adorableness to the expansion. They’re a truly amazing addition to the game’s diverse world, and you’ll know a lot about them when the expansion is released in November.
- New Threats to Overcome: The Magus Sisters – In Endwalker you'll fight against some particularly tough enemies that fans of [19459022maybefamiliarwith] Final Fantasy : the Magus Sisters. This trio of troublemakers first appeared in Final Fantasy IV and later returned to support Yuna as a powerful aeons in Final Fantasy X . Now they're back, and this new form may be the most terrifying yet…
- New Alliance Raid Series: "Myths of the Realm" – Endwalker will introduce a new invasion of the alliance series, and it looks like one of the most exciting – specifically for long -term fans and historians of Hydaelyn. Titled ' Myths of the Realm ' it will take you deeper into the superb FINAL FANTASY XIV Online than ever before – all while presenting a thrilling challenge.
- A New Data Center: Oceania – Players in Australia and New Zealand will get a new place to call home, with a brand new data center nearby. We ' ll have more information about this in the coming months, so stay tuned.
Lots to look forward to if you're a fan of Final Fantasy 14, then. If you’re interested in expanding Endwalker, you should check out our interview with FF14 producer and director Naoki Yoshida.
Post Final Fantasy 14 launches for PS5 later this month, Endwalker coming in November first appeared on VG247.