A patch has been issued for Biomutant on the PC, and it fixes crashes on AMD-based CPUs among other issues.
The Biomutant patch will be released first on the PC and then the consoles as soon as possible due to the submission process. Experiment 101 will be announced when the patch is available for consoles.
This is a big walk and also includes the promised dialogue walk, reduces the amount of "gibberish" spoken before the Narrator starts translating, addresses general difficulty, and adjusts the Depth toggle of Depth not applicable to dialogues.
For more on Biomutant, check out our guides for choosing the best class and breed, finding the best weapon, and our instruction on how crafting works. You can also check out our review where Tom and Dorrani discuss their impressions.
Full patch notes for 1.4 on PC are below.
Biomutant patch notes
● Fixed crash on AMD -based CPUs with built-in graphics.
● Fixed crash when device information contained invalid display data on AMD-based CPUs.
To improve the walking of the early parts of the game, we edited the dialogues to be shorter We also added more enemies and spawning areas this to better represent the experience later in the game.
● Added more early enemy meetings.
● Added missing loot to empty trenches outside Jagni Fortress.
● Added Item drop opportunity for Bunker 101 crates.
● Updated Best New memory to reduce the distance between Nonos and the Pensai tree.
● Removed some parts of the Out-of-Date and Best-Before dialogues to improve speed.
● Removed many dialogue fragments to shorten the length of the tutorial area.
● Removed some parts of the Goop and Gizmo dialogs to improve walking.
● Removed multiple camera presentations to improve walking.
Dialogue & Narrator
● Reduced the amount of poor speech before the Narrator began translating.
● Added dialogue setting toggles for "Gibberish" and "Narrator" that allow players to choose whether they want to listen to the narrator, the nonsense or both when talking to NPCs.
● Fixed narration and pointless silent play and making a difficult pause when each corresponding volume setting is set to 0 instead of skipping the full sound volume.
● Removed text delay animation when either speech or speech is disabled.
● Added "Extreme" difficulty setting, where enemy damage and attack rate are further increased.
● Fixed difficulty settings not applying for spawned enemies.
● Unlocked all class perks for NG + games. When starting an NG +game, the player will now be able to unlock perks from all classes.
● Added Motion Blur slider to settings.
● Fixed so the camera setting "Auto Adjust> Player" also applies for combat, if the camera is turned off will no longer try to frame enemies while fighting.
● Adjust Depth of Field toggle not applicable to dialogs
Items and Reproduction
● Increased chances that items found have level requirements close to actual player level when found. Players can still find items with higher level requirements, but the player level is now considered.
● Removed Common item loot drops from high -level loot to high -level loot. [1949
● Reduced the amount of healing items the player can find from boxes and defeat enemies.
● Increased base damage from successive body, handle, and addon by approximately 5%.
● Reduced base damage from covered bodies, muzzles, and grips by approximately 5%.
● Fixed resistance statistics not being applied for tool making when adding add-ons.
● Reduced gear addon resistance and critical chance bonuses.
● Ensures that the "Diver ' s Helmet" search reward no longer falls as a random loot.
● Removed gaps from all protective suits.
● Updated melee sound effects throughout the board.
● Updated volume of mount sound effects.
● Added sound effects for tribal war trebuchet.
● Updated sound when the player went inside HQ after being launched from the catapult.
● Fixed issue with abnormally high output being damaged due to consumed top mod applying meta damage multiple times during unmatched placement.
● Fixed damage to the ability to not cause critical hits.
● Reduced the Dead-Eye Sharpshooter perk damage multiplier from 2.0 to 1.25 to ensure it is comparable to other perks.
● Disables end-of-battle slow camera motion for short battle scenarios.
● Adjusted the correct angles for battle targets to reduce camera movement in battle.
● Camera viewing is disabled when attracting characters in the air.
● Fixed some cases where airstriking could not complete the last attack.
● Fixed the speed of some enemy grabs. It's a bit easier to avoid them in time.
● Fixed kick attacks from smaller enemies that were too hard to parry. The parry window is more consistent now and enemies can slip through it.
● All Sifus Tribe and Land Lupine in the last encounter now respond more strongly to being parried, allowing players to drive and then counterattack.
● Fixed Jagni Staff attack tracking issues. The first three hits will no longer overshoot targets and Dodge’s attack is more reliable.
● Fixed sometimes rotating double effects of fraction of death on defeated enemies.
● Fixed issue with Pichu Nanchuk not stopping its animation.
● Fix larger enemies with sequential weapon animations quickly at slow walking speeds.
● Fixed hit reactions for Morks to make using the punch more pleasant and enjoyable.
● Fixed issue with dodge shoot while reloading not moving character correctly.
● Fixed issue with Airstrike sometimes being canceled.
● Fixed range for melee attacks to improve enemy tracking and reduce misses.
● Fixed issue where melee interval close to sometimes overshoot.
● Fixed backward attack for crush weapons resulting in a miss most of the time.
● Fixed animations for faster unarmed and gloved attacks.
● Fixed issue where the player was occasionally stuck under larger enemies after falling to the ground.
● Added the ability to slide under the legs of titans.
● Fixed issue where player was sometimes stuck inside an enemy after a vault or moving legs.
● Fixed issue where player was sometimes stuck inside an enemy after Airstrike.
● Fixed sound and rumble effect for successful parry to improve feedback.
● Fixed issue where Airstrike would cause enemies to launch too far.
● Improved aim for Jumbo Puff when throwing rocks.
Quests and Achievements
● Fixed game progress not reaching 100% due to unavailable search states within a single playthrough.
● Fixed the “Back to the Roots” quest sometimes not being completed.
● The fixed tribal war will be more stable.
● The "Old World Gadgets" trophy was fixed correctly after searching for old gadgets.
● Fixed crash when moving objects between places using Telekinesis.
● The new weapon Wung-Fu is now only unlocked when the player makes a new weapon instead of being unlocked when stealing an individual ingredient.
● Added the correct "brisk walk locked" message when attempting to travel fast while climbing a ladder or falling.
● Added Mercenary DLC indicator to main menu.
● Added a dark backdrop to QTE signals to improve readability on lighter backgrounds.
● Moved Comic-book Effects to ensure the QTE prompt counter is visible.
● Reversed Hypoxia Warning percentage value to be consistent with other zones.
● Added fading to opponent and friendly scores at a distance of 30m to reduce HUD clutter.
● Remove many objectives in the area from Suburbia, as they are tied to the adventure in the Tower and can cause confusion.
● Replaced a couple of NPC tasks that didn't work as intended.
● Added a missing volume of “No-Rain” at the sewer entrance to oil fields to prevent the effect of internal rainfall.
● The Subnautica station is now covered by the correct amount of post-process.
● Improved look for indoor puddles.
● Fixed issue where player fell around the world in Myriad Fortress.
● Fixed issue where player fell around the world in an Ankati Outpost.
● Fixed issue where large oil planes could fly.
● Fixed Field Monster presentation camera triggered underground.
● Fixed area goals for Gutway 6G counting incorrect Superb Loot amount.
● Disables fast travel when jumping from water.
● Fixed issue where Wung-Fu's "Unspeakable hand" could cause NPCs to fall on water surfaces instead of drowning.
● Fixed issue with rocket NPC stuck in the air after explosion.
● Fixed issue with rocket NPC particle explosion effect appearing when removed.
● Fixed the free fall duration required for Macks to trigger a hard landing.
● Fixed check labels that characterize puzzles that are not properly displayed as "Loot Chance" instead of "Intellect".
● Fixed endless jumping while using photo mode.
● Fixed fireflies not speaking spamming when caught.
● Fixed child's memories that are completed automatically when opening photo mode.
● Fixed some door openings after using photo mode.
● Fixed smoke from burning villages is sometimes rendered as streaks on AMD GPU ' s.
● The fixed default camera is slightly adjusted so that it is not positioned directly behind the player
● Fixed resistance setting after appearance change.
The post Large Biomutant patch out for PC, crash fixes and "gibberish" reduction first appeared on VG247.